The MB662UEAB-2S is an enclosure that can store two 3.5” hard drives and has a built-in RAID to configure them for different RAID settings. It has two RAID configurations, RAID 0 and RAID 1, and supports BIG & JBOD. The enclosure also offers USB and both FireWire 400 and 800 interfaces. The MB662 also has a built-in fan with an adjustable speed control to increase or decrease fan speed. Like our previous MB664 models, the body of the MB662 is surrounded by a solid aluminum body, which allows better heat dissipation, and requires no screws or tools to install hard drives. The door is easily accessible by two buttons located on the top of the enclosure. The spacing inside allows enough area to dissipate the heat out of the enclosure. This is an ideal storage device for video and audio editors and is compatible with Time Machine. This enclosure also has a built-in security slot for the security cable kit.
* MB662 Series fits 2x 3.5” SATA I/II hard drives for maximum storage.
* Plug & Play USB 2.0 + FireWire 400 & 800 combo with OXFORD924DSB chipset.
* Built-in hardware RAID controller allows four different RAID configurations: RAID 0 (FAST), RAID 1 (SAFE), BIG, JBOD
* No additional software and hardware required for RAID capabilities.
* User friendly Screw-less design just plug in the hard drive and play.
* 40 mm cooling fan with adjustable speed control.
* Multi-drive exchangeability & maintenance capabilities.
* Built with Solid Aluminum Construction for body.
* Built in security slot for security cable kit.
* Compatible for both Windows and Mac.
JBOD (Non-RAID): The two physical disks read as two independent hard drives in a single housing, so that two logical volumes mount on the desktop. Therefore, the computer will show two separate drives.
Note: The failure of one disk will not affect the other disk. Therefore, the data on the working drive will be intact and functioning.
BIG (Concatenation): The two physical drives are combined so that one single yet larger logical volume mounts on the desktop, offering maximum possible capacity (the available capacities of each disk are combined).
Note: If one physical disk fails, the data on both disks will become inaccessible. If you are concerned about data security, we highly recommend using Safe configuration (RAID 1 mode).
Fast (RAID 0 Mode): The two physical drives are stripped together so that one larger logical volume mounts on the desktop, offering the maximum possible capacity like in Big mode (the available capacities of each disk are combined) yet with greater speed than the Big mode (the speed of each disk runs faster to a certain level).
Note: If one drive fails, the data on both disks will become inaccessible.
Safe (RAID 1 Mode): The two physical drives are “mirrored” (RAID 1) so that one single logical volume mounts on the desktop. All of the data on one drive will be recoverable from the other drive (the available capacity of one drive cannot exceed the available capacity of the other drive).
Note: If one physical disk fails, the data can be immediately recovered from the second disk. No data will be lost if one drive fails.
* MB662UEAB-2S Reset: Restart the device to reset the RAID Level.
* It is better to use the same hard drive brand and memory capacity to use the RAID functions.
* It takes about an hour to rebuild a 100GB hard drive.
* Western Digital desktop edition HDD does not fully support RAID function; only RAID (Enterprise) edition HDD can fully operate with the RAID faction. Click HERE to see the detail information.
Caution: Changing the RAID mode destroys data stored on the MB662 series. If you have saved data on the drives, back up data before following these steps.
3 Years Warranty
ICY DOCK MB662UEAB-2S dual bay 3.5" SATA I & II to USB 2.0 / IEEE1394a & 1394b Screw-less external hard drive RAID enclosure for Mac & PC
Model Number :
Drive Fit :
2 x 3.5” SATA I / II
Hard Drive Capacity :
Up to 2TB total
Host Interface :
1x USB2.0 + 1x FireWire 400 + 2x FireWire 800
Transfer Rate :
Up to 480 Mb/sec. via USB2.0
Up to 400 Mb/sec. via FireWire 400
Up to 800 Mb/sec. via FireWire 800
Insert & Extract connection Via :
Direct SATA hard drive connector
RAID Modes :
RAID1(SAFE), RAID0 (FAST), BIG & JBOD
RAID Setting :
DIP Switch 2 Port
Aluminum body w/ partial plastic
Drive Cooling :
Quiet Cooling Fan w/ Adjustable fan speed VR control